- Part1: http://blog.simpleigh.com/2012/06/virtualisation/
- Part 2: http://blog.simpleigh.com/2012/06/migration-aches-and-pains/
Now my diary is settling in on its new server, I thought I’d add a couple of thoughts:
- It now runs far faster, feeling much more snappy and responsive. No other users are competing for server resources, and the server’s a lot nearer (Ireland rather than the US).
- NameCheap have spoilt themselves, and their server has been listed on a spam blacklist at least four times in the past month. Not being able to send email is really irritating.
- Microsoft are so pleased I’ve signed up for Azure that they’re trying to ‘phone me “to find out about your plans with regards to Windows Azure platform and welcome you as a new user.” Although this is probably an attempt to sell me more, it feels a lot more welcoming than, well, every other online service I’ve ever used.